Wednesday 28 March 2012

Graffiti Programme Idea

I thought of another idea for a program series that '4ward' could air, with people such as our tutor Chris in mind who are in this age bracket but do not fit the 'old fashioned' stereotypical ways of an over 60 I have decided it would be good to have a topic based on a debate of art.

Graffiti is either appreciated as 'street art' or is thought of as vandalism by others. Some pieces can be very complex and in my opinion they are really creative and interesting ways of portraying art. Simple 'tags' of people's names on the other hand I believe to be seen as vandalism.

So with this in mind, I went out around Sheffield and took a mixture of photographs, some showing large pieces of 'street art' style graffiti, and others just people who have 'tagged' their name onto the side of a building etc. These photos are shown below as part of my research into this topic:



















No comments:

Post a Comment