Sunday 25 March 2012

D&AD Intro: Over 60's Channel, 4ward.

I have decided to do the Channel 4 brief for D&AD (to create a new channel for an Over 60's audience), I thought it sounded quite interesting but challenging at the same time to get the right balance of what they wanted (an intelectual channel that is not patronising to this age group).

First I did a brainstorm to try and generate some ideas for the new Channel's name, this is shown below:



The names I thought of were:
- 460°
- Fast Fourward
- 4ward

I then went on to do a few sketches of possible ideas for a logo, these are shown below:



I finally decided to stick with the name '4ward', after doing so I used computer software such as Illustrator to create a logo. In my mind I wanted it to be bright and colourful, also maybe using different shapes within the logo. I also wanted to use the 'fast forward' symbol (the two arrows) within my logo. Below is my final logo, and some information about the Channel, explaining my thoughts at the time.



No comments:

Post a Comment